Twitter is tailor made for mobile devices. Created in 2006 by Jack Dorsey, it has grown to include around 218 million average monthly users sending over 400 million “tweets” per day. It has only scratched the surface of its potential advertising revenue which is expected to to hit $1 Billion next year.
But the six best reasons we can find for buying into an application that dominates mobile messaging is in the expected growth of mobile data and devices in the next five years. According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index – a global mobile data forecast – Mobile data traffic will reach the following milestones within the next five years.
- Monthly global mobile data traffic will surpass 10 exabytes
- The number of mobile-connected devices will exceed the
world's population in 2013.
- The average mobile connection speed will surpass 1 Mbps in
- Due to increased usage on smartphones, handsets will exceed
50 percent of mobile data traffic in 2013.
- Monthly mobile traffic will surpass 1 exabyte per month in
- Tablets will exceed 10 percent of global mobile data traffic
In case you were wondering, an “exabyte” is one billion gigabytes, but what we find really amazing is the statistic about mobile devices exceeding the world's population.
Roam Business is not an Investment Firm and our opinion is not based on anything but speculation and our own analysis. We are, however, firmly convinced that you could do worse on the stock exchange than buying a Board Lot of “TWTR” when it becomes available if you can afford the risk.